Full Tilt Hand Bookbinding

Post any upcoming classes and workshops

Full Tilt Hand Bookbinding

Postby cathrynm2007 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:09 am

NEW! Full Tilt Hand Bookbinding

Bookbinding is a matter of technique, of skill, of practice and of a few simple hand tools. This class addresses all of these by focusing on one particular book structure in each session. The class really is full tilt! The lectures and demonstrations are compressed and studio work time is minimal. It is likely that students will need extra time at home to finish their work. (No special equipment required.) Topics include double fan-glued books, long stitch books, link stitch books, phase boxes, making bookbinding cloth and new covers for old books. The class is accessible to all levels of experience. Beginners are welcome.

Susan Mills is a traditionally trained bookbinder in private practice since 1990. She is passionate about bookbinding education and has taught thousands of people to bind books in both institutional and alternative settings. She is on the faculty of NSCAD University, is a 2011 visiting instructor at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, and serves on the board of the not-for-profit The Center for Book Arts, New York. Susan is also the host of Bookbinding Nowwww.bookbindingnow.com

Registration and withdrawal deadline: May 2, 2011

Course Code: ESCR0112
Instructor: Susan Mills
Site: Dawson Printshop, 1895 Granville Street
Date / Time: May 9-Jun 20, Mon, 6:30-9:30pm (6 sessions, no class May 23)
Tuition: $235.00

[cid:3385469277_6132482]

Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (NSCAD University)
5163 Duke Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 3J6
Canada

T: 902-494-8224
F: 902-494-8311

http://www.nscad.ca/extendedstudies
cathrynm2007
Supporter

Re: Full Tilt Hand Bookbinding

Postby Italicist » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 am

I wish that I could attend this! I'm teaching a course myself during those weeks and won't have time to spare, or I'd definitely be present.
Italicist
Apprentice II

Return to Education Opportunities