Blank Journal / Book of Shadows

Members can post items relating to book and paper arts that you are looking to buy or want to sell.

Blank Journal / Book of Shadows

Postby Espie79 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi all, I have just finished making a book that I have hand carved. This is my latest piece. The design is based on the pentacle and is adorned with Celtic knot work influences on all external sides of the book.
It is a hand carved book and is made of MDF. The stain is acrylic paint and boiled linseed oil. All the metal work is made of brass including the screws. The inside front and back cover are lined with a luxxurious felt paper.

The book has 320 A4 sized sheets of paper which is 640 if you use both sides of the sheet. The paper is white, acid free and lignin free. The screws holding the paper in place can be removed with a flat head screw driver if pages are to be added or removed. The holes punched in the paper are standard spacing so additional paper can be added easily with a standard hole punch.

The metric dimensions are 277mm wide () 319mm long () and 60mm thick () and it weighs 3kg
The imperial dimenionss are 10.9" wide () 12.55" long () and 2.36" thick () and it weighs 6.61lbs

This is truly a work of art and would make agreat gift, personal journal or heirloom. Custom orders are very welcome so you can get the personalised book of your dreams.

For postage costs, ask me for your location. Let me know your country and whether you want air mail or sea mail. Sea mail is a lot cheaper but much slower.

The cost is $395.00 AUD email: contact@espie-whitburn-design.com

Espie79

Return to Trading Post