Colorless Blender with Xylene.

Members can post items relating to book and paper arts that you are looking to buy or want to sell.

Colorless Blender with Xylene.

Postby BlackMeg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello!
I'm looking for a blender pen which contains xylene for the image transfer technique but it seems impossible. Does anyone know about a store where I could find it? Or if anyone has a store with them in their neighbourhood I'd buy it from you.

Probably the best should be Chartpak but I found only a couple of them in the US with shipping 20 USD and above which is too much for a pen that costs about 3 USD itself.. So now I'm looking for any blender with xylene.

Thank you!
BlackMeg

Re: Colorless Blender with Xylene.

Postby melliemoe » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:21 am

Hmm, I've only found Chartpak colorless blenders to work on transfers. Just haven't met another marker that worked.

There is a book called Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-Media Techniques for Successful Transfers by Darlene Olivia McElroy, Sandra Duran Wilson. This book has quite a few alternative transfer methods including one done with Purell Hand Sanitizer and Krylon Crystal Clear. I haven't personally tried to use these for transfers but you might want to try it out. It just may work. Also rumour has it that sharpies may have at one point contained Xylene but color bleed-thru may be an obstacle, I'm not sure what you're really working on.

I ordered a few Chartpak markers a year or so ago from Amazon because I just couldnt find them locally, and yes I paid a lot for shipping considering that the markers only cost $2 each, but I'm still using them and I'm happy with them so you may just have to go shopping online for a good deal if the Purell or Crystal Clear doesn't work for what you're doing.
Hope this helped a little =)
melliemoe
Apprentice I

Return to Trading Post